After you try connecting the printer to the Mac device, if you are facing issues with the connection, then the error appears on the Mac device, Continue to read unable to connect to printer due to an error Mac computer.
Reasons for the error:
- A poor network connection can cause the printer and Mac connection failure.
- The error occurs on Mac if the printer driver installed on the computer does not support the system.
- If the printer is using an older firmware version, then it could also be the reason for the failed connection.
- Improper printer physical connection leads to the connection error.
Solutions for the error:
1. Verify cable connection
- Check if all the network cables and the power cable are secure at the ends.
- If they are loose, then the printer does not connect to the Mac device.
- When you connect to one port but does the connection is not established, then try different ports of the router and the printer.
- Maintain all the cables properly, if they have tampered, replace them with a new one.
- By using these steps we can execute that unable to connect to printer due to an error Mac.
2. Check the wireless network
- Make sure the Wi-Fi router network is turned on. Try to connect to the network.
- Turn off the router network, enable it again, and re-connect to the printer.
- See if the router network signal reaches the printer. If not, then place the printer within the range of the router network.
3. Add the printer manually
- Click the Apple menu at the upper-left corner of the dock.
- After that, a list of options appears on the screen, select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, double-click the Printers & Scanners folder to open it.
- When the window opens up, click the plus symbol at the lower-left corner of the left side pane to add a printer.
- Enter the fields in the Add window and proceed to add the printer.
- Using these steps we can execute that unable to connect to printer due to an error Mac.