To use the QuickBooks Online Backup, open the QuickBooks Online.
- Step 1:Backup application from the All Programs menu.
- Step 2:Select Online Backup to use the application to backup, restore, and manage files.
- Step 3:If you open the QuickBooks Online Backup account in the browser, the web home page of QB Online backup will open.
To select the files for backup, launch the QuickBooks Online Backup application.
- Step 1:Click the Backup tab on the left corner of the toolbar.
- Step 2:A storage view of the computer will be displayed, select the plus symbol to open the directory containing all the system files and subfolders.
- Step 3:Choose the files for backup and click on the Save button to save the files for automatic backup.
To schedule the automatic backup feature, click on the Scheduler icon on the toolbar.
Choose the day and time and then click on the Save button.
Set the internet connection for the backup operation by clicking the Connection Settings on the toolbar.
- Step 1:If you are using a cable, DSL, or LAN connection, choose the Permanent Internet Connection. Then, turn off the Automatic Scheduler, the internet cannot be automatically connected.
- Step 2:If you are using a phone line connection, choose Dial-up Internet Connection.
- Step 3:Then, verify the password for the internet to connect automatically.
- Step 4:Finally, save the settings you have made.
The backup files can be restored in 2 ways.
Using QuickBooks Online Backup application:
- Step 1:Open the QB Online Backup application on the computer and click on the Restore tab.
- Step 2:From the list of backups available, you can select the files and directory that has to be retrieved.
- Step 3:Choose the destination location to save the recovered files in that location.
- Step 4:Next, click on the Start Restore button.
Using the QuickBooks website
- Step 1:Log in to your QuickBooks Online Backup Account from the browser.
- Step 2:Then, select the Web Restore button.
- Step 3:You will be indicated to download the ActiveX software, click Yes.
- Step 4:A window with the Account ID will appear, click on the plus symbol to view the drives list. Then, click on the plus symbol, which is next to the drive letter to expand the drive.
- Step 5:Select the files, directories, and folders you want to restore and click on the Restore button.
- Step 6:Now, you have to choose the destination location and select OK.
- Step 7:After restoring, you can open the backed up files in the destination location.