On this page, we shall see the steps to fix the QuickBooks error H202. Before getting into the troubleshooting steps, let's understand the error and the causes of error H202 on QuickBooks.
What's QuickBooks Error code H202?
The QuickBooks Error code H202 occurs when you switch to multi-user mode and when the multi-user server is jammed. The users also face the same error when they try to access the QuickBooks company file located on another computer.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code H202:
- Damaged or corrupted '.ND' files on QuickBooks.
- The error may occur when the QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX services are not working.
- Misconfiguration of DNS settings on QuickBooks.
Follow these methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code H202:
Method 1: Remove and Recreate the '.ND' file
- On your computer, type *.ND in the search bar and click Enter.
- Right-click on the '.ND' file and click Delete to remove the '.ND' file.
- Launch the Start menu, go to All Programs, and select QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Scan Folder tab and hit Add Folder. Search and select the company file folder and click Start Scan to begin the scanning process.
- The scanning process should resolve the error. If the error is not fixed, then continue with the next method.
Method 2: QuickBooks File Doctor tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is an excellent tool to resolve any issues on the QuickBooks software. Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your device. The tool possibly displays the damages in the data/file that had caused Error H202. You can fix the damage by restoring the files. If you're not able to open your file, send your file to the QuickBooks Data Recovery team.
Method 3: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool on your system.
- Install and run the tool. It will display the error in QuickBooks. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.
Click on the Call button to contact our technical team for any assistance to solve QuickBooks error H202.