Microsoft Remote Desktop is a feature on Windows 10 OS that is used for accessing the desktop remotely from the other computers. If you encounter the Microsoft Remote Desktop Mac error code 0x4, carry out the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
- Step 1: First, check if you have a standard Internet connection before connecting to the Remote Desktop.
- Step 2: Check whether the Windows Firewall is blocking the Remote Desktop.
- Step 3: Click the Windows icon and type “firewall” in the search panel.
- Step 4: Press the Enter button and click the Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Step 5: In the Windows Defender Firewall window, click the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall link.
- Step 6: Click the Change settings button and select the Remote Desktop checkbox.
- Step 7: Click the OK button to save and check if you could connect the computer using the Remote Desktop feature.
- Step 1: Press the Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run panel on your Windows desktop.
- Step 2: In the Run panel, type “Regedit” in the text box and click the OK button to open the Windows Registry.
- Step 3: In the Windows Registry window, click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder from the left-side panel and select Software followed by Microsoft.
- Step 4: Click the Terminal folder and select the Server Client key.
- Step 5: Give a right-click on the right-side panel and select New followed by DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Step 6: Give “RDGClientTransport” as a name for the newly created DWORD.
- Step 7: Give a double-click on the RDGClientTransport DWORD and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Step 8: In the Properties window, set the value to 1 and click the OK button.
- Step 9: Now, check if the Microsoft remote desktop Mac error code 0x4 has been resolved.
- Step 1:On your Windows desktop, click the Windows icon and type “remote settings” in the search box.
- Step 2:Press the Enter key and select the Allow remote access to your computer option from the search result.
- Step 3:In the System Properties window, click the Remote tab and select the Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer checkbox.
- Step 4:Click OK to save the applied changes and close the window.
- Step 5:Now, the Microsoft Remote Desktop Mac error code 0x4 will be fixed.