Solutions of the error:
1.Check the firmware version on Mac
- On the Mac computer, click the Apple icon at the upper left corner of the dock.
- Select the About this Mac menu from the list of options, following that choose Overview.
- Then, select the System Report option to view the Mac Pro details.
- Click the Hardware menu from the left side panel, and the hardware overview of the Mac Pro appears in the window.
- See the Model Identifier and the Boot ROM Version to check the firmware version of the Mac system.
- If your firmware version is older, then update to the latest firmware version.
- After which you can download the firmware file, which you have to install from the official Apple website.
2.Disable System Integrity Protection
- Select the Apple menu at the top left corner on the dock.
- Choose Restart from the list of options.
- While the Mac Pro system restarts, press the Command and the R keys together to start the system in recovery mode.
- Select the Utilities menu, and then choose Terminal.
- Input the command “csrutil disable” in the Terminal window and press Enter.
- After this, the System Integrity Protection feature turns off on the Mac system.
- Retry to upgrade the firmware of Mac Pro and then restart the computer.
- When the firmware update completes, follow the above steps to open the Terminal window and enable SIP.
- Use the command “csrutil enable” to enable the System Integrity Protection feature on Mac.
3.Open the firmware file
- After downloading the firmware update file, sometimes, the Apple system automatically starts the installation.
- In case the system could not detect the file or moved the firmware file to some other location, then manually open the file to install the Mac firmware.
4.Shut down system after an update
- Once you download the firmware file and run the file, do not reboot the computer; instead shut down the Mac system.
- Then, press and hold the power button on Mac until the firmware upgrading status appears on the screen.
5.Update macOS then download the latest firmware
- Go to the Apple menu and select Shut Down. If you cannot shut down, then press the power button to turn off the Mac system.
- Again, press and hold the power button and wait till the LED light flashes. Also, the Apple logo appears.
- When the Mac system restarts, press the Options, Command. and R keys at the same time to reinstall the macOS on recovery mode.
- After that, the system does not prompt to perform the firmware upgrade.