On this page, we’ll show you how to install Outlook Client for QuickBooks.
QuickBooks allows you to perform business-related functions like payments, manage & pay bills, and payroll functions. The highlighting feature of QuickBooks is that it allows you to send your payment details over the Outlook email client or a Webmail.
If you haven’t configured Outlook or Webmail in QuickBooks, then you’ve reached the right page to perform it.
Initially, make sure that you’ve installed Outlook 2010 or newer version on your computer. Similarly, if you don’t have an Outlook email profile, create one.
Now, let’s see the quick and easy steps for installing Outlook Client for QuickBooks.
Step 1: Gather Some Information From Internet
- To configure the Outlook Client in QuickBooks, you need some common details related to your internet or email service provider.
- The required information is listed below:
- Incoming & outgoing email server address
- Incoming email server type
Step 2: Configure Outlook In QuickBooks
- Launch the QuickBooks application on your computer.
- Select Preferences > Send Forms > Outlook > OK.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Once the configuration is completed, you can send all your payment details from QuickBooks using the Outlook Client.
In case the Outlook Client is not listed, or an issue occurs while install Outlook client for Quickbooks, then carry out the following steps to fix it.
Step 1: Check QuickBooks Application’s Compatibility
- Almost all versions of Outlook are compatible with the QuickBooks application.
- If you’re using Outlook 2019, then make sure that the QuickBooks application is up-to-date. Because Outlook 2019 is only compatible with the latest version of QuickBooks.
Step 2: Set Outlook As The Default Email Program
- If you encounter this issue even after installing the compatible Outlook application on your computer, then check if it is set as the default email program.
- To check and set it as default, follow the below instructions.
- Launch the Outlook application.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select the option that starts like Make Outlook the default program... and click OK.
If the above steps had failed to resolve the issue, then run the Detect and Repair tool in Outlook.
If you have any doubts regarding how to install Outlook client for Quickbooks, contact us.