Following are some of the errors you may receive:
- YOUR APPLE DEVICE HAS A VIRUS
- Apple iOS Alert!!
- Error # 268d3
- PEGASUS (SPYWARE) ACTIVATED
- The system might be Infected due to unexpected error!
- Please call Apple Care immediately at:
- Do not ignore this critical alert.
- If you close this page, your Apple Device access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
You can follow the steps to remove the scam error 268d3 from your Mac system.
METHOD 1: REMOVE ANY THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS OR MALICIOUS APPLICATIONS
- Removing third-party applications and antivirus software can be of great help in resolving the error on your Mac.
- Go to your Applications folder from the dock menu and try t locate the applications.
- Click and hold the application until you see it shake.
- Click on the x mark on the top corner of the icon, and it will delete the application.
- You can also perform the drag and drop method when using how to remove error 268d3 on Mac guide; click and drag the unwanted applications into your trash folder.
- Open the trash folder and delete the applications later on.
- If you have antivirus applications that are not authorized ones, you can click on the settings and stop running them.
METHOD 2: REMOVE UNWANTED EXTENSIONS FROM THE BROWSER
- Open the safari browser on your Mac.
- On the top corner of the Mac, click on the Safari option.
- Now, click Safari again and click the Preferences button.
- Click the Extensions tab and proceed to uninstall any unwanted plug-in linked to the safari browser that may cause the scam error.
- Open the chrome browser in your Mac and proceed with how to remove error 268d3 on Mac guide.
- On the top corner of the Mac, click the lines (hamburger) icon and select the Settings option.
- This will open a new tab, at the bottom click on Advanced Settings.
- Click Reset browser settings, and Chrome will prompt for confirmation.
- Click the Reset button.
- Chrome will be set to default settings.
- Open the Firefox browser in your Mac.
- Type support in the address bar and hit the enter button.
- The Firefox support opens, on the right side of the browser, you will see the option Reset Firefox.
- Click on the Reset button, and the Firefox will be reset to its default settings.
METHOD 3: PERFORM A SYSTEM SCAN
- You can download the Malware bytes for Mac from online and perform a free system scan.
- Once you install the application, you will see a list of options. Click the Scan button.
- Once the system scan is complete, you will see a list of unwanted files.
- You can choose to delete them by simply clicking on the respective checkboxes.
- Once you have selected, click on the Remove Selected Files button.
- On completing how to remove error 268d3 on Mac steps, The Error 268d3 will be removed from the system.