QuickBooks Desktop is a business-accounting software used in businesses in order to maintain sales and expenses. It can be installed on your desktop computer and hence the name. Scroll down this page to know how to issue a refund in QuickBooks desktop.
The QuickBooks allows you to issue a refund check. The refund checks are used in case there are over-payments. To issue a refund in Quickbooks Desktop,
execute the following steps. You have a couple of choices in issuing a refund check. You can either use the Receive Payments window or the Write Checks window.
Using the Receive Payments window
- Step 1: To navigate to the over-payment transaction, go to Customers > Receive Payments from the main menu.
- Step 2: Click Refund the amount to the customer from the Over-payment section.
- Step 3: Click the Save & Close button.
- Step 4: In the Issue a Refund window, enter all the appropriate information.
Using the Write Checks window
Navigate to Banking > Write Checks from the main menu.
To enter all the needed information, make use of the following steps:
- From the Pay to the order of drop-down list, select a customer.
- Fill in the over-payment amount in $.
- Go to the Expenses tab.
- From the Account drop-down list, choose Accounts Receivable.
- Click theCustomer: Job drop-down list. Choose the customer.
- Click the Save & Close button.
For linking the check to the over-payment, make use of the following steps:
- Navigate to Customers > Receive Payments from the main menu.
- From the Received from drop-down list, choose the customer.
- Click Discounts And Credits.
- In the Available Credits section, choose mark the check that you have created.
- Click the Save & Close button. Finally, know how to issue a refund in QuickBooks desktop.