You can obtain the latest app features and security enhancements by installing the updates immediately after they are released. If you are facing trouble on how to install updates on mac, this guide will definitely help you to overtcome the issue. To do the same on your macOS Mojave, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Users recommend a recent Time Machine backup before you start installing the updates.
- Step 2: In your dock, click the app and open System Preferences. Another way of opening the System Preferences window is by clicking the Apple logo. You can find this logo in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Step 3: In your System Preferences window, click the Software Update option.
- Step 4: Now, you will see if your Mac is up-to-date or if you have any current updates. This will be indicated by the Checking for updates...status in your Software Update window.
- Step 5: In the same window, you will find the An update is available for your Mac status in case there are any updates available.
- Step 6: Your Mac system can also keep itself up-to-date. To turn on this feature, in your Software Update window, select the Automatically keep my Mac up to date checkbox.
- Step 7: Now, your Mac system will check for any new macOS and app updates. When they are detected, your macOS will download and install them in the background.
- Step 8: Click the Update Now button to install your software updates manually. By clicking the Update Now button, you will be downloading the updates to your Mac system (if necessary).
- Step 9: After downloading, continue with the remaining on-screen instructions. Follow these steps until you finish the installation.
- Step 10: In some situations, your Mac system might need to restart. Click the Restart button.
After restarting, your MacOS Mojave will be up-to-date with the latest features and security enhancements.
If you are sill having doubts on How to Install Updates on Mac, feel free to contact us.