Steps For Adding A USB Printer:
If you want to knoe How to install printer on mac, then folow the below steps:
- Step 1: To avoid downloading an obsolute software for the printer, update your macOS to the latest version.
- Step 2: To perform this action, click the Apple menu and go to the System Preferences and select Software Update.
- Step 3: If any updates are available for your current Mac version, update it and prepare for the printer installation.
- Step 4: Before connecting your printer to Mac, complete the basic printer settings referring to the user guide or manual that comes along with the printer.
- Step 5: Make sure that the printer is turned on and connect the machine to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Step 6: If the Mac system prompts you to download the driver, download and install the software.
- Step 7: Run the driver setup file and follow the instructions displayed on the setup screen to complete the driver installation.
Steps For Adding A Network Printer:
- Step 1: If your printer and the Mac device are connected to the same wireless network, the printer will be available for use without any setup. To check whether the printer is accessible from your Mac, click the File tab, followed by the Print button.
- Step 2: Click on the Printer pop-up menu followed by the Nearby Printers or Printer & Scanners preferences to select your printer name.
- Step 3: If your printer is not connected to the Mac device, prepare your printer by referring to the printer’s manual.
- Step 4: Run the driver setup file and follow the instructions or on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
- Step 5: Make sure that you choose the Wireless connection option and configure the wireless setup with the correct network credentials.
- Step 6: After completing the printer installation, add the printer to your Mac by navigating to the Apple menu and selecting System Preferences --> Printers & Scanners.
- Step 7: Click the Add button that is available at the bottom of the screen and again click the Add button that is near your printer name.
If you are sill having doubts on How to Install Printer on Mac, feel free to contact us.