A network printer can print wirelessly when connected over a network. If you have one or more device using a network printer is recommended. If your printer is has a wireless feature included, you can print and scan wirelessly from your device. To install network printer, refer to the below steps.
Connecting Printer & Device To Wireless Network
- The printing and connection process varies for each printer. Most of the current printers come with wireless capability.
- Connect your wireless router and device after a successful printer configuration.
- You can connect the printer to your wireless network from the printer’s LCD screen.
- Ensure to place your Wi-Fi printer within the range of your wireless router.
- Note down the username and password of your wireless network.
- On a Windows computer, go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Click the Add a printer option present on the top of the screen. Then, select Add Network. Click Next.
- Install the driver compatible with your Windows device to use the printer wirelessly from your computer/laptop.
- Select your connection type as wireless in the installation wizard.
- Connect your device and printer to the network by entering the network credentials.
- On a Mac device, click the Apple menu to select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan and click the “+” icon to add a printer.
- Download the driver from the official support site of the printer.
- Open the installer file and proceed with the instructions to connect the printer to your network.
Settings On Your Wireless Network
- If your printer has a touchscreen, it is much easier to connect the printer to your network.
- Press the Home button on the printer.
- Select the Wi-Fi Setup or Network option, which varies according to your printer model.
- Enable WLAN and select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Now, select your network from the list and enter the password for it.
- Print the network configuration sheet to check the settings you have made.
Printing From The Wireless Printer
After a successful install network printer, you can now print and scan from your device wirelessly.