Proceed with the steps that are given below how to install HP Officejet 6600 printer.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Remove all the packing materials from the HP printer and place it in a location away from direct sunlight.
- Lift the top cover of the printer and remove the cardboard present inside the printer.
Step 2: Fixing the duplexer
- Unpack the duplexer and remove the packing tapes from it.
- Now, insert the duplexer into the correct slot on the rear of the printer.
- Push the duplexer gently until it clicks into place.
Step 3: Connecting power cord
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Plug the other end of the cord to a power source.
- Tap the Power button on the control panel of the printer.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to install HP Officejet 6600 printer.
Step 4: Loading Paper
- Raise the output tray and slide the paper-width guide to the edges of the tray.
- Now, load a stack of paper into the right edge of the tray. The print side of the paper should face down.
- Move the paper-width guide against the paper stack and lower the output tray.
- Pull the extension out of the output tray.
Step 5: Installing printhead
- Open the top cover to install the printhead into the printer.
- Raise the gray latch on the printhead assembly.
- Make sure not to touch the contacts of the printhead.
- Remove the packing materials from the printhead.
- Hold the printhead upright and insert it into the printhead holder.
- Ensure that the color codes of the printhead assembly match with that of the printhead while fixing.
- Lower the gray latch and install the cartridges.
- Dispose the plastic cover on each cartridge and rotate the orange cap counterclockwise to remove it.
- Insert each cartridge correctly, matching the color label.
- Press down the cartridge to hold into place.
- Make sure that the contacts of the cartridges are facing the printhead.
- After installing all the cartridges, lower the top cover.
- Check the alignment of the cartridges by printing an alignment page.
- Using these steps we can execute that how to install HP Officejet 6600 printer.
Step 6: Installing the printer software
- You have to install the software to connect your printer and computer.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- Otherwise, download the driver from the official HP website.
- Open your browser and enter the official HP website.
- Navigate to the Software and drivers page, type your printer model number in the Search section, and tap Enter.
- Choose your operating system and select the required driver in the Drivers section.
- To get access to all the functionalities of the printer, download the recommended driver.
- Run the installer file and complete the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
- Choose a suitable connection type when prompted.
- After installing the software, you can print from your computer easily.
- By utilizing these steps we can execute that how to install HP Officejet 6600 printer.