HP Deskjet 2545 printer is a three-in-one device that lets you perform printer-related operations over a wireless or USB connection. This printer is compatible with almost all Windows and Mac OS version. You can perform both color and black & white printing, scanning, and copying operations on this printer. AirPrint is the only mobile printing capability available on this printer.
In this section, we are going to see the procedure to install the HP Deskjet 2545 printer without using the installation or setup CD.
You can perform this process by downloading the driver file from this site or printer’s official site.
Download the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver
- Click the Driver Download button provided below.
- Based on your OS type, the available printer driver will start to download.
- Wait for the driver download process to complete.
Driver files list
Driver-Product installation software, basic drivers, firmware, software-ePrint, HP Easy Start are the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver files available for the Windows and Mac computers.
Before you begin the driver installation, verify some of the suggestions listed below.
- Step 1: Make sure that you have set up your HP Deskjet 2545 printer correctly.
- Step 2: Check if the black and tri-color ink cartridges are installed properly.
- Step 3: Make sure that the HP printer and your computer are connected together using a USB cable or a wireless network.
- Step 4: Keep the router, printer, and your computer in a short-range if you have established a wireless connection between the printer and your computer.
- Step 5: Make sure that you have downloaded the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver or HP Easy Start file.
- Step 6: Check if your Windows or Mac computer satisfy the system requirements.
- Step 7: OS requirement: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/ 8/ 10, Mac OS X v10.6 to Mac OS X v10.11.
Install the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver
For Windows computer (USB cable)
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, open the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver file.
- Step 2: Accept the HP printer’s terms and conditions.
- Step 3: Follow the prompts displayed on the installation screen.
- Step 4: When prompted, select the USB option as the connection type.
- Step 5: Then, connect the HP printer to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Step 6: Wait for the connection to be established.
- Step 7: If prompted, select the additional software from the displayed suggestions list.
- Step 8: Once you finish the driver installation, you can find the window displaying the message Installation Complete.
- Step 9: To check if the installation process is done correctly, try a test print or scan operation from your computer.
For Mac users (USB cable)
- Step 1: Double-click on the downloaded driver .exe file.
- Step 2: Click the Install button on the displayed screen.
- Step 3: Now, you will be prompted to enter your Mac computer’s administrative password.
- Step 4: Enter the security key of your Mac computer in the given field.
- Step 5: Then, click the OK button.
- Step 6: When prompted, select the USB option.
- Step 7: Follow the on-screen prompts displayed on the screen.
- Step 8: After completing the installation, you can try a test print or scan operation to check your HP printer functions.
- Step 9: Now, you have connected the HP Deskjet 2545 printer to your Windows or Mac computer using the USB cable successfully.
- Step 10: Later, if you wish to change USB to a wireless connection, refer to the instructions given below.
For Windows users
You can perform the USB connection to wireless using the HP Printer Setup & Software Utility tool and the HP Smart app.
Using HP Printer Setup & Software Utility
- Step 1: Launch this utility tool on your Windows system.
- Step 2: Click the Convert a USB connected printer to a wireless command line.
- Step 3: Perform the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the wireless connectivity process.
Using HP Smart app
- Step 1: Download this app from your HP printer’s driver and download page.
- Step 2: After that, launch the HP Smart app on your Windows computer.
- Step 3: You can find the text, Make printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly at the top of the screen.
- Step 4: You can also find the Learn more link beside it.
- Step 5: Click the command line.
- Step 6: Now, the instructions to perform the conversion will start to display on your Windows computer screen.
For Mac users
Using the Wireless Setup tool
- Step 1:You can find this tool in the HP Utility section.
- Step 2:Go to the HP Utility section from your Mac computer’s Application window.
- Step 3:On the utility screen, click the All Settings tab.
- Step 4:Select the Wireless Setup option.
- Step 5:Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the wireless setup process.
Using System Preferences
- Step 1: Switch on your HP printer, wireless router, and the Mac computer.
- Step 2: On your HP printer’s control panel, locate and press the Wi-Fi button.
- Step 3: Hold down the Wi-Fi button until its light becomes solid.
- Step 4: The solid light indicates that your HP printer is connected to the wireless network successfully.
- Step 5: If the Wi-Fi light keeps blinking, then move your HP printer to the wireless router.
- Step 6: Press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
- Step 7: Now, on your Mac computer, open the System Preferences window.
- Step 8: Click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Step 9: Check if your HP printer is listed.
- Step 10: If yes, click the Use or Print Using option.
- Step 11: Finish the further wireless installation by following the instructions displayed on the screen.