Restoring your Windows 10 laptop/computer to an earlier state removes the background programs and unnecessary files on your device. Also, it helps to resolve many other issues, such as excessive memory usage, the performance of running apps, and battery issues. Carry out one of these methods to how to factory reset Windows 10 computers.
Method 1 - Factory reset from the Settings screen
On your Windows 10 computer, launch the Settings screen and select Update & Security.
- Click Recovery in the left panel.
- In the main panel, navigate to the Reset this PC section and click Get Started.
Choose the ‘Keep my files’ or ‘Remove everything’ option and click Next.
- Keep my files
- If necessary, click the ‘List of apps to be removed’ link. You will see the applications list that will be removed after factory resetting the Windows 10 computer. Click the Back button.
- Remove Everything
- Select the Change settings option, enable both the Data erase and Data drives options, and click Confirm.
- If you want to see the drives list that will be deleted during the reset process, select the ‘Show me the list of drives that will be affected’ option.
- Click Back -> Next.
Once you select the Reset option, the computer will be reset to the factory defaults. if it is not ok continue reading to know how to factory reset Windows 10.
Method 2 - Factory reset using Fresh Start
Launch the Windows Security screen on your Windows 10 computer.
Select the ‘Device performance & health’ option.
Navigate to the Fresh Start section, select the Additional info option, and click the Get Started button.
- Select the Next option.
- If needed, view the applications that will be removed during the reset process.
Method 3 - Factory reset using the sign-in screen
On the computer’s keyboard, hold the Win and L keys at the same time.
- Click the Power icon at the bottom-right end of the screen.
- Select the Restart option and press the Shift key simultaneously.
- Select the Troubleshoot option followed by the Reset this PC option.
- This will factory reset the Windows 10 computer. Finally you know how to factory reset Windows 10.