The complete instructions on how to factory reset Macbook air are given here. Before going to the process, ensure that the data is completely backed up on your device. Moreover, there are few other steps that must be performed before resetting your MacBook Air device.
Steps to be followed before resetting the MacBook Air:
Things that are essentially required to be done before resetting the device are provided below.
Back up your MacBook completely:
Create a backup to protect all the important files on the Mac device. If the data and files are not backed up, then everything will be lost when it is reset.
Ensure to sign-out of iTunes:
- Click on the “Account” option.
- Choose the “Authorizations” button.
- Click on the “Deauthorize This PC” option.
- Skip this step if the device runs on macOS Catalina.
Sign-out of iCloud:
- Open the “Apple” menu.
- Go to “System Preferences.”
- Click on the “Apple ID” option.
- Select iCloud from the side panel. Disable “Find my Mac.” Then choose “Overview and Sign out.”
Try to sign-out of iMessage:
Bluetooth devices should be unpaired:
- Select the “Apple” menu.
- Choose the “System Preferences” option.
- Then click on the “Bluetooth” option.
- It lets to unpair headphones, Bluetooth-enabled peripherals, and keyboards.
Resetting MacBook Air:
Once done with the steps mentioned above, you can proceed to know how to factory reset Macbook air.
- Step 1: Press the “Command” and “R” keys simultaneously on the keyboard and hold them. Next, switch on the Mac device. Start the process when the Apple logo pops up.
- Step 2: Choose the language according to your preference and continue to the next step.
- Step 3: Select the “Disk Utility” option and tap on “Continue.”
- Step 4: Click on your Startup Disk from the sidebar. Then, choose the “Erase” button.
- Step 5: Select the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option from the drop-down menu. Then, choose the “Erase” option.
- Step 6: Select the “GUID Partition Map” option.
- Step 7: Choose “Erase” followed by “Done” and exit the window.
- Step 8: If the Wi-Fi connection is not established yet, then connect to Wi-Fi.
- Step 9: Go to the main menu and select the “Reinstall macOS” option. Tap on the “Continue” button.
- Step 10: A pop-up will appear on the screen. Choose the “Continue” option there.
- Step 11: There will be a license agreement on the screen. Read it carefully and choose the “Agree” button.
- Step 12: Select the boot disk and choose the “Install” button.
- Step 13: Wait until the installation starts on the device. The PC will restart and continue to install the OS. Once done, your MacBook Air will restart.
The factory reset instructions for MacBook Air is now completed. If there is a problem while performing the factory reset, contact us to avail remote assistance to completely know how to factory reset Macbook air.