How to factory reset iPhone - Resetting your iPhone will delete all your data on it. If the iPhone crashes or freezes, resetting is considered to be one of the best solutions to resolve this problem. Before resetting the iPhone to the factory default, enable the Backup feature as per the following steps.
Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
Tap the iCloud option followed by the Backup option.
Now, enable the toggle switch next to the iCloud Backup option.
Once done, perform one of these methods to reset the iPhone to the factory defaults.
Method 1 - Reset Your iPhone Without Using A Computer
- Select the General option on the Settings screen.
- Tap the Reset option followed by the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- If you see the ‘Do you want to update your iCloud Backup before erasing’ message on the screen, select the ‘Back Up Then Erase’ option.
- When prompted, enter your passcode correctly.
- Now, all the settings and data on the iPhone has been reset to the factory defaults.
Method 2 - Reset Your iPhone Ssing A Computer
- Launch Finder on your Mac computer.
- Now, establish a connection between your iPhone and the Mac computer using a USB cable.
- If you see any prompt message on the iPhone’s screen, proceed with the instructions.
- Select your iPhone on the Mac computer.
- Navigate to the Backups section and select the radio button beside the ‘Back up all data on your iPhone to Mac’ option.
- Go to the Software section and click the Restore iPhone button.
- If you see a prompt dialog box on the screen, select the Restore option.
- This will reset the iPhone to the factory defaults.
- You can set the iPhone again. If you still have any query on how to factory reset iPhone, click the call button availble on the screen.