Are you switching to a Wireless keyboard? You can connect a wireless keyboard to your Mac device in the same way you do with a Windows computer. Most of the wireless keyboards work on Bluetooth connectivity. Proceed with the steps that are given below to know how to connect a wireless keyboard to Mac device.
Step 1: Turning on Bluetooth
- Step 1:First, turn on Bluetooth from your Mac device to enable pairing.
- Step 2:Click the Apple icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 3:Select the System Preferences option from the displayed list.
- Step 4:Click the Bluetooth option in the System Preferences window.
- Step 5:You can now see the Bluetooth panel on the screen.
- Step 6:Click on the Turn Bluetooth On button on the left panel to enable Bluetooth on your Mac device.
- Step 7:Checkmark the Show Bluetooth in the menu bar option at the bottom of the panel.
Step 2: Pairing the Wireless keyboard
- Step 1: If you are connecting the Wireless keyboard for the first time, you have to pair it.
- Step 2: Turn on the Bluetooth button on the keyboard.
- Step 3: Wait until the LED on the wireless keyboard starts blinking.
- Step 4: When the LED blinks, the wireless keyboard is put to discovery mode.
- Step 5: You can view the list of available Bluetooth devices on the screen of your Mac.
- Step 6: Select the wireless keyboard and click on the Pair button.
- Step 7: Now, enter the 8-digit passcode shown on the screen from your keyboard. Then, press Return.
- Step 8: If you can’t connect the Wireless keyboard to your Mac device, remove all connected Bluetooth devices from the Mac.
- Step 9: Try connecting again after removing other devices.
- Step 10: Once the wireless keyboard is connected, click on the Continue button to start using the keyboard.
- Step 11: You can now use your wireless keyboard instead of the wired keyboard on the Mac device. If you have any further queries regarding how to connect a wireless keyboard to Mac, click the call button.