If you wish to see the document or video on the Mac device on a big screen like a projector, first, you need to know how to connect Mac to projector. The connection is simple with the right cable and connectors. Follow the steps below to connect your Mac device to Projector.
Step-1: Find the port type
- Apple keeps on updating its product, and so the ports keep changing,
- You should know the type of port on your Mac device.
- Also, see the port type of the projector you are using.
- Now, go to the official Apple support webpage and check what type of cable and adapter the connection needs under Connect a display, TV, or projector to Mac.
Step-2: Turn on the devices
Step-3: Connect the cable
- Now, take the video cable (VGA or HDMI) and attach it to the adapter cable.
- Following that, connect the cable between the Mac device and the projector. Secure the cable ends.
Step-4: Enable the projection menu
- After the projector and Mac are connected, select the Apple menu at the upper-left corner of the dock.
- A list of options appears on the screen, choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, open the Displays application and select the Detect Displays button in the Displays window.
- If the projector does not start working, then click the Arrangement tab.
- In the Arrangement panel, find the Mirror Displays menu at the bottom-left side of the window and tick its checkbox.
- After that, the projector will start working. If you have any further queries regarding how to connect Mac to projector, click the call button.