HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface. It is an interface that is used to transfer the uncompressed or compressed digital audio data from a display controller, compatible PC, video projector, or digital TV. If you wish to know how to connect HDMI to mac device, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Using The HDMI Port:
- Step 1: Take the HDMI cable and plug one of its ends into the HDMI port of the Mac computer.
- Step 2: Connect the other end to an HDMI compatible device (for example, HDMI supported TV).
- Step 3: Next, turn on both the Mac and the HDMI device.
- Step 4: If you have connected the HDMI digital TV with your Mac, click the Apple menu at the top-left corner of the Mac window.
- Step 5: Select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: In the System Preferences window, click the Displays icon.
- Step 7: In the Displays window, click the Arrangement tab and select the Mirror Displays checkbox.
- Step 8: Now, the contents shown in the Mac computer will be mirrored on your digital TV.
- Step 9: If the Mac computer fails to detect the connected HDMI TV, unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable into the HDMI compatible TV.
- Step 10: Turn on the digital TV and adjust the Underscan slider from the Displays preferences on your Mac.
- Step 11: You can also access the Display settings on your Mac by pressing the Option + Brightness (Up or Down) shortcut keys.
Using The USB-C Port:
- Step 1:First, you need to connect the HDMI cable to your Mac computer’s USB-Cport using an HDMI adapter.
- Step 2:Next, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI device.
- Step 3:After connecting the HDMI cable, turn on your devices and check if the Maccould detect the HDMI device.
- Step 4:If you have difficulties regarding how to connect HDMI to Mac device, contact our technical support team.