Before connecting the Canon printer to your Mac device, check the conditions discussed below:
- Step 1: Make sure that you have completed the initial Canon printer setup.
- Step 2: Check if the paper tray contains enough paper, and the ink cartridges are properly inserted in the printer.
- Step 3: Ensure that your Canon printer is compatible with the Mac system.
- Step 4: Check if you have the print driver file of your Canon printer.
- Step 5: If you don’t have your Canon printer driver file, then download it using the Driver Download button available on this website or printer’s official site.
- Step 6: Get the USB cable that is compatible with your Canon printer. Let us see How To Connect Canon Printer To Mac
USB cable connection set
- Keep the USB cable ready and use it only when prompted during the driver installation.
- On your Mac system, open your Canon printer driver file by double-clicking it.
- As soon as you do it, a confirmation dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Click the Open button on it to begin the connectivity process.
- Make sure to enter your Mac system’s security key in the given field when prompted.
- After entering it, click the Install Helper button followed by Start Setup.
- Choose your place of residence, country, or region from the given drop-down menu and click the Next button.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement and click the Yes button.
- When prompted to select the connection type, click the radio button beside the USB Connection option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Connect your Canon printer to the Mac system using the USB cable when prompted.
- Once the connectivity is established between the printer and your Mac device, the Test Print window will appear on the screen.
- If your printer performs the print operation successfully, the Setup Complete message will appear on the screen.
Wired LAN Setup
First, enable the Wired LAN option on your Canon printer by following the instructions given below. Based on the printer model, some steps may vary, but the overall procedure is the same.
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Locate and press/tap the Home button or option.
- Tap or touch the Network option.
- Choose the Wired LAN option.
- Now, connect your Canon printer and the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once you complete it, begin the driver installation.
- Launch your Canon printer driver file.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- Enter your Mac system’s security key in the given field when prompted.
- On the choose the connection type screen, click the radio button beside the Wired LAN Connection option.
- On the Printers on Network List screen, choose your Canon printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for your Canon printer driver to download.
- Once it is done, the Add Printer button will appear on the screen.
- Click it and choose your Canon printer from the list.
- Finally, click Next --> Execute.
- If your Canon printer prints the test page successfully, then the connectivity configuration is done correctly.
- Click the Exit button on the final screen.
- Make sure that your wireless router is turned ON and ready for the connectivity setup.
- Note down your wireless network’s SSID and password for future use.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your Canon printer by referring to its user guide.
- After connecting your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi router, begin the driver installation on the
- Open the printer driver file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the Wireless LAN Connection option when prompted to select the connectivity type.
- After completing the driver installation, you can try a test print to check if the configuration is done correctly.
To get remote assistance in connecting your Canon printer to the Mac device, locate and click the Call button available on this screen.