The classifications given below include as follows.
- Step 1: Connecting a Wireless Printer to Windows & Mac
- Step 2: Connecting a Wired printer to Windows & Mac
- Step 3: Sharing a printer to a Network on Windows or Mac
1. Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Windows & Mac system
- First, check your printer’s network specifications.
- If your printer requires an Ethernet cable to connect to the router, get it.
- Make sure that your Windows system is turned ON and ready for the printer configuration.
- Now, switch on your wireless printer.
- The software configuration process will vary for each printer model.
- If prompted or required, connect your printer to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Go through your printer’s user guide to get a clear idea about the network connection configuration.
- Some printer models can be connected directly to your system before performing the software configuration. But some printer models can only connect to the system during the software installation.
- Make sure to enable the
- Wireless option on your printer when prompted during the driver installation.
- Select your wireless network correctly and enter its password in the given field when prompted.
- Some printer models also have the Bluetooth option.
- If your printer model has the Bluetooth option, press the Pair button and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless network configuration.
- After completing the printer configuration, add your printer to Printers & Scanners or Bluetooth & other devices.
- Click the Windows icon. Select the Settings option followed by Devices.
- Choose Printers & scanners --> Bluetooth & other devices --> Add a printer or scanner or Add Bluetooth or other device --> Add device.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration process.
- Perform the printer configuration by performing the instructions given above.
- To add a printer to the Mac system, follow the instructions given below.
- Click the Apple icon and select System Preferences --> Printers & Scanners.
- Now, the System Preferences window will appear on the screen, click the plus icon in it.
- If your printer is connected to the network, select it from the available printers list and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless configuration.
2. Connecting Wired printer to a Windows or Mac system
- Make sure that you have done the initial printer setup by following the on-screen instructions.
- Place the printer beside your computer.
- Switch on your printer and the computer.
- Now, connect the printer to your system using a USB cable.
- On your Windows system, navigate to the Add printers & scanners page.
- Click the Add device button. Now, a pop-up dialog box will appear on the screen, click the Yes button to continue the process.
- If prompted, begin your printer driver installation on your Windows system and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration.
- Once it is done, try to perform a test print.
- First, check if your Mac system is up-to-date.
- If yes, continue with the process as instructed below.
- Press the Power button on your printer’s control panel and turn it ON.
- Similarly, power on your system.
- Get a USB cable and connect the printer and your system using it.
- When a pop-up message appears, click the Download & Install button on your printer driver’s installation wizard.
- Finish the remaining set of configuration by following the on-screen instructions.
To know more about how to connect wireless wrinter to computer, click the Call button available on this screen.