Here how to configure your wireless printer to connect with your Wi-Fi network using various methods. If your wireless printer has a touchscreen or LCD panel, you can configure the wireless settings using the touchscreen control panel. If not, you can make use of the navigation keys on the control panel. If your printer comes without any display, you can proceed with the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Push Button method or WPS PIN method.
Wireless setup using the WPS Push Button method:
- Before starting, place your printer within the Wi-Fi range.
- Turn on the printer and Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Ensure that your router supports WPA or WPA2 security.
- On your printer, press the Wireless button and hold it until the LED begins to flash.
- Within 2 minutes, navigate to the router and press the WPS button.
- Hold it for at least 5 seconds.
- Your printer will automatically detect and connect to the wireless network.
- To verify the wireless connection, print a network configuration report.
Wireless setup using the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard on a printer with touchscreen:
- Verify whether your printer and Wi-Fi router are turned on.
- Before configuring the wireless printer, identify the wireless network credentials.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Wi-Fi or Network icon.
- Enable WLAN and select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network name when the printer detects the available wireless networks.
- Enter the network name and tap OK to connect to your wireless network.
- Once connected, a confirmation message will appear on the touchscreen panel.
- After connecting the printer to the wireless network, add it to your Windows computer.
- To do so, connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Next, open the Control Panel app and click on Devices and Printers.
- Click the Add a printer button and select your printer from the displayed list.
- Carry out the on-screen prompts and install the built-in printer driver.
- Alternatively, you can install the printer driver downloaded from the printer’s official site how to configure your wireless printer.
- Once connected, check if you can print wirelessly from the computer.