QuickBooks is accounting software that empowers small and mid-sized organizations to reach peak performance levels by enabling finance professionals with deep functionality, real-time financial and operational insights, and the ability to automate critical processes.The software is quite simple and straightforward and provides advanced features and tools for professional users. It is susceptible to errors at the same time. Error 6123 usually occurs in a multi-user environment. Users may also face errors while opening the file directly from the network or restored backup. The error appears with the error message 'Connection to QuickBooks company file has been lost.' In this article, you will learn the process to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123.
Quick Steps To Resolve The QuickBooks Error Code 6123
- Disable antivirus settings for few minutes and then restart your computer. This may resolve the issue.
- Try to place the company file in another location.
- Use a new window user. The steps to make a new window user are given in the following steps.
- Click User and select Create a new user.
- Enter the user type as "administrator," logout the existing file, and restart your computer.
The above instructions are the quick-fix solutions for the QuickBooks error 6123. If the above steps don't fix the error, then follow the below instructions.
Solution 1: QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- QuickBooks File Doctor is an excellent tool to resolve any issues with QuickBooks software. Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your device from the official site.
- The tool possibly displays damages in data/file that causes Error 6123.
- You will possibly have two options to fix the damage.
- You can now restore the files.
- If you're not able to open your file, send your file to the QuickBooks Data Recovery team.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool on your device.
- Once downloaded, install and run the tool. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the error.
Solution 3: Fix damaged data files
- Click the Start button on your device and select Explore.
- Check the company file with '. ND' extension and make a right-click on it.
- Rename the file to '.ndold.'
- Do the following methods to switch to multiple user mode.
- Go to the File menu, select Utilities from the drop-list, and choose Stop Using Multi-User Access.
- Again navigate to File and select Switch to Multi-user Mode.
If you're stuck anywhere, click on the Call button you see on this page to get solve QuickBooks error 6123.