The Error code 43 on Mac computer appears with the message stating that the operation could not be completed as the required items could not be found. This occurs when a file is deleted and moved to Trash or when you move the files from one location to another location. The causes for this error are problematic hard drive, locked file, incomplete download, illegal characters entry, lack of shared point.
HOW TO FIX THE ERROR CODE 43 ON MAC
Carry out these steps to fix the error code 43 on Mac using the Disk Utility:
- On your Mac desktop, click the Apple menu and select the Restart option from the displayed list.
- After restarting Mac, press the Command + R shortcut keys and hold them until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Click the Disk Utility option and click Continue to proceed with the next step.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and select the disk that contains the file.
- Click the First-Aid tab followed by the Continue button.
- Take the required action depending on the reports given by the Disk Utility.
Follow these steps to resolve the error code 43 on Mac by deleting the Locked files:
- On your Mac computer, open the Application tab.
- Select Utilities from the displayed applications and click Terminal.
- In the Terminal window, type the command “chflags -R nouchg” and press the Enter key.
- Give a double-click on the Trash icon and press the Command + A shortcut keys to select all the files.
- Drag the selected files from Trash and move them to the Terminal window for deleting.
- Now, the Trash will get emptied, and the locked files will be deleted.
Carry out these steps to resolve the error code 43 on Mac by resetting PRAM or NVRAM:
- PRAM(Parameter Random Access Memory) or NVRAM(Non-volatile Random Access Memory) is a small memory used by the Mac OS for saving a few specific settings. Using the PRAM or NVRAM, you can access the predefined settings quickly.
- If you wish to reset the PRAM or NVRAM, restart your Mac.
- When the computer turns on, press the Command + Option + P + R keys before the gray startup screen appears.
- Hold the keys. Do not release them until you hear the startup sound three times.
- Now, the PRAM or NVRAM will reset, and the error code 43 on Mac computer will be cleared.