Epson Workforce Pro 3820 is a fast and All-in-One printer that gives professional quality print results. It is designed for high-volume business printing. It prints at a maximum speed of up to 21 ISO ppm (black) or 11 ISO ppm (color). This printer offers various user-friendly features. Most importantly, this printer functions properly when you use Epson cartridges in it. It is not designed to use any third-party ink cartridges. The step-by-step instructions to perform the Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 printer setup are provided on this page.
Step 1 - Unpack Your Epson Printer
- Check if a power cable, setup CD, and ink cartridges are included with your Epson printer.
- Clear all the protective materials from the outside of the printer.
- Open the printer’s scanner unit.
- Remove the packing materials from the inside of the printer.
- Note: Make sure you do not touch the flat white cable.
- Lower the printer’s scanner unit properly.
Step 2 - Turn On Your Epson Printer
- Take the power cable and plug one of its ends into the printer’s power port.
- Connect the power cable’s other end to an electrical outlet.
- Raise the printer’s control panel.
- To turn on the printer, you have to press the Power button on the control panel.
- Once done, continue with the following steps to set up the Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 printer’s initial settings.
Step 3 - Set Your Preferences
- Set your desired language.
- Specify the place or region you reside in.
- On the printer’s control panel, set the date and time correctly.
Step 4 - Install The Ink Cartridges
- Lift-open the scanner unit.
- Take the ink cartridges that are included in the printer box and shake them. Remove them from the package.
- Make sure to peel off the yellow tape from the ink cartridges.
- Install all the ink cartridges one after another in the respective slots.
- Close the scanner unit and proceed with the LCD panel instructions to charge the ink.
- Note: The ink cartridges included in the printer box can be used only for the initial Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 printer setup and you cannot use them for replacement.
Step 5 - Load Paper Into The Paper Cassette
- Ensure that the printer finishes the ink charging process.
- Lower the printer’s control panel.
- Raise the output tray and remove the paper cassette from the printer.
- Move the side edge guides outwards.
- Place some paper with their glossy or printable side face down in the paper cassette.
- Now, slide the side edge guides against the paper that you have loaded in the cassette.
- Insert the paper cassette into the printer.
- Lower the printer’s output tray and pull out the output tray extension.
- On the printer’s control panel, specify the paper settings.
Step 6 - Fax Setup
- To use your printer for faxing, connect a phone cord between the printer’s LINE port and a telephone wall jack.
- Press the Proceed button on the control panel to set up the fax.
- Note: To set the fax later, press Set Up Later.
- After completing the Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 printer hardware setup, go to the next step to install the printer software on your computer.
Step 7 - Install Epson Printer Software
- Ensure that the printer is not connected to your computer yet.
- Insert the setup CD into the computer’s CD drive.
- Note: If the computer does not have a CD drive, download the latest printer software from the official Epson website.
- To run the printer setup file, proceed with the on-screen prompts.
- When the Select Your Connection screen appears, select the Wireless connection, Direct USB connection, or Wired network connection option.
- Continue with the instructions to finish the software installation.
- Now, you have completed the initial Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 printer setup.