Dell 1130 is a laser mono printer that has been specially designed for the business-related works, small workgroups, and remote offices. The maximum print resolution delivered by this printer is 600*600 dpi. It is quite common for anyone to encounter an issue with the printer while performing the print or any printer-related operations. So, if your Dell 1130 not printing, carry out the following troubleshooting instructions.
- Step 1: Initially, make sure that your printer is turned ON.
- Step 3: Check if the printer’s front cover is closed. If not, close it.
- Step 4: Make sure that no error messages like paper jam, ink cartridge error, etc., are displayed on your printer screen.
- Step 5: Check if your Dell printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Step 6: If not, connect them to the same network and then try to perform the print operation.
- Step 7: Make sure that you have configured your Dell printer settings and the print operation configuration correctly.
- Step 8: If the size of the document that you have selected is too big and your computer’s hard disk space is insufficient, empty some disk space and then perform the print operation.
- Step 9: Make sure that you have installed the correct printer driver on your computer.
If you encounter the Dell 1130 not printing issue on your computer even after performing the above instructions, then try the advanced solutions discussed below.
- Step 1: Restart your printer.
- Step 2: After restarting the printer, perform the print operation.
- Step 3: If the issue persists, then update your printer’s firmware using the Firmware Utility.
- Step 4: To update the Dell 1130 printer firmware, follow the below instructions.
a. Uninstall the existing firmware
- i. Make sure that your Dell printer is turned ON and connected to the computer.
- ii. Cancel all the existing print jobs.
- iii. Now, run the Printer troubleshooter tool on your computer to uninstall the existing firmware.
- iv. Once the printer firmware has been uninstalled, remove the printer from the Printers list on your Mac or Windows computer.
- v. After removing the printer, download the latest printer firmware and install it on your computer it help to avoid Dell 1130 not printing issue.
b. Update the printer firmware
- i. From your computer’s web browser, navigate to the Dell printer’s official site.
- ii. On the official site, select your printer model.
- iii. On your printer’s support page, click the Drivers and Downloads tab.
- iv. Choose your OS from the drop-down menu if required and click Show.
- v. Navigate to the Firmware section and locate the latest firmware file.
- vi. Click the Download button beside the latest firmware file.
- vii. Now, the latest firmware will be downloaded on your computer.
- viii. Once the file has been downloaded, select and right-click on the downloaded file.
- ix. Click Properties > Compatibility > Change Settings for All Users > Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- x. Select your OS from the drop-down menu.
- xi. Click Apply > OK > OK.
- xii. Now, right-click on the driver file and select the Run as administrator option.
- xiii. Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware installation process.
- Step 5: After updating the printer firmware, perform the print operation.
If the Dell 1130 not printing issue persists, then contact our technical experts to fix the issue.