It is, indeed, possible to connect mac monitor to dell laptop (that is, Cinema HD Display) to a laptop (Windows).
The term, “Mac Monitor,” is actually a misnomer. The correct words to use are “Apple Cinema HD Display.”
- Step 1:The Apple Cinema HD Display is an ordinary monitor with a DVI input. Most of the Dell XPS laptops contain a DVI port these days. So, you can simply plug in your Apple Cinema HD Display into the DVI port of your Dell laptop. The devices should start working immediately.
- Step 2:Important Note: The only condition is that you must have the graphics power to permit such a huge display.
- Step 3:You might face a special scenario. What if your laptop does not have a DVI-out?
- Step 4:You can get a VGA->DVI from a nearby electronics store.
- Step 5:As mentioned above, if you are using an Apple Cinema HD Display with a DVI input and a newer model of Dell laptop with a DVI output, you will not face any issues.
- Step 6:If required, you can use USB->DVI adapters. But, this high-resolution display will not let you get good results.
- Step 7:However, there is an exception, and that is the 24” LED Cinema Display. This device comes with a Mini DisplayPort. In this case, you can purchase an adapter to convert your DVI port into a DisplayPort.
We have now seen how to connect an Apple Cinema HD Display to your Dell laptop and also connect mac monitor to dell laptop.