Before you start connecting your Canon printer to Mac, you need to check if the following conditions are satisfied:
- Step 1: First, ensure that your Canon printer is plugged in and also switched on. In case your Canon printer needs an Ethernet connection for accessing the internet, you have to utilize an Ethernet cable to connect it to your router.
- Step 2: Next, check to see whether the Canon printer has the installation software. If your Canon printer accompanies a CD, follow these steps:
- Step 3: Insert your CD into the CD tray of your Mac computer. Next, carry out the on-screen instructions to install the software. Since you are using a Mac device, you will require an external CD reader to accomplish the software installation.
- Step 4: Now, connect your Canon printer to the internet. You can achieve this by using the online version of the Canon printer’s instruction manual.
- Step 5: Confirm that your Mac computer is on the same network to which your Canon printer has been connected.
- Step 6: After confirming the above conditions, proceed with the following steps:
- Step 7: On your Mac, at the upper-left corner of your screen, you will find the Apple logo. Click it.
- Step 8: You will see that a drop-down menu appears on your screen.
- Step 9: Go to the top of the drop-down menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Step 10: In the System Preferences window, choose the Printers & Scanners option.
- Step 11: At the lower-left corner of the same window, click the + button. A pop-up window will now display.
- Step 12: In case your printer is already connected over the network, you can see its name in the left pane.
- Step 13: Now, click your printer’s name. This action will prompt your Canon printer to start setting up. Once this process is over, you can find the name of your printer in the left pane.
- Step 14: This indicates that your Canon printer has been successfully connected to your Mac computer. We have now seen how to Connect Canon Printer to Mac. In case you are not able to see your printer’s name, go to the next step.
You can now install your printer using a USB cable. To do the same, make use of the following steps:
- Step 1:To begin with, update your Mac computer.
- Step 2:Using a USB-to-USB-C cable, Connect Canon printer to Mac.
- Step 3:You have to wait for the setup window to display.
- Step 4:Continue with the remaining on-screen instructions to finish installing your Canon printer.